The first stage finish in Besançon was to be a historical one. The riders had indeed climbed up the Ballon d'Alsace for the very first time. But the “city of time” has naturally become a key place for time-trials. In 1963 for example, it was in Besançon that Jacques Anquetil, after conquering the overall lead in Chamonix added a final touch to his fourth triumph. In the same spirit, Bradley Wiggins confirmed his status as the boss of the Tour by shining on the Besançon time-trial where he captured his first stage success on the Tour de France.
Vauban's masterpiece, a UNESCO world heritage site, where you'll fi nd the Comtois Museum and the Museum of the Resistance and Deportation.Museum of Time
The Museum of Time, at the Granvelle Palace, welcomes inquisitive visitors interested in discovering the obsessional quest of measuring time.Exhibition
This obscure object of desire – exhibition at the Courbet Museum in Ornans. The origin of the world, Gustave Courbet's famous painting, is on loan from the Musée d'Orsay for the exhibition “This obscure object of desire” devoted to artists outlook on women. Seventy pieces are on display.Festi'caves
Twelve wineries from Arbois will be showcasing their wines at the place Pasteur. A culinary journey through the fl avours of Jura wines. From 11am.Festival Bien Urbain
This festival offers 15 international artists the chance to create an artistic journey around the streets of the town (murals or sound creations). A cycle circuit allows you to discover the artwork.Once upon a time in Besançon
The story of Besançon told throughout history. The visit ends with a tasting of regional produce at the Marché Beaux-Arts from 6pm.Iron and Cast Iron
Franche-Comté was a steel region renowned for its iron works. This trip around the old town discovers the wrought iron elements used in the architecture of Besançon houses. From 3pm.The Tour of Comté
Comté is prepared daily in the traditional way in over one hundred and fi fty village cheese makers. Tasting and cheese making outside all day at the place Pasteur.Contrefaçon sans façon – counterfeiting exhibition
As part of the Contrefaçon sans façon exhibition organised with the INPI, the National Institute of Industrial Property, you can watch the destruction of counterfeit goods seized by customs (watches, leather goods, sports goods,…)
Place Granvelle at 3pm.
Jersey wearers after the stage 9
- 07/13A day of glory for Tony & Tony
- 07/13Vinokourov: "A present for France"
- 07/13Tony Gallopin: «It's more than...
- 07/13Pierre Rolland: "I rode like I was...
- 07/13Tony Martin: "I've invented a second...
- 07/13Alain Gallopin: "A huge emotion"
- 07/13Michal Kwiatkowski: "Only Tony Martin...
- 07/13Peter Sagan: "I made a mistake"
- 07/13Talansky - Surprisingly well
- 07/13Did Nibali falter?
- 07/13Attackers, hands up!
- 07/12Cofidis - Managing the injuries
- 07/12Elia Viviani : « I hope to have my...
- 07/12Riders, don't be surprised by...
Sponsorship and Environment
The Jerseys of the Tour
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Will the three stages in the Vosges determine the overall winner?
- Yes, they’ll confirm Nibali’s domination9.61%
- No, the real fight will happen in the Alps47.68%
- No, Contador will win the Tour in the Pyrenees30.74%
- No, Porte will beat them all in the time trial11.97%