Jarlinson Pantano scored the sixteenth Colombian stage victory at the Tour de France and the first one for IAM Cycling, the only professional Swiss team, the day before the Tour de France will visit Switzerland. It's the second participation to the race (19th overall in 2015) for the climber from Cali who also claimed the last stage of the Tour de Suisse last month. He outsprinted Rafal Majka who moved back into the lead of the King of the Mountain classification he won in 2014, the other...
“The Tour de France is the best race in the world. To make the podium is a dream come true. It's incredible. The last climb has been extremely hard. Rafal Majka was going very strongly but I knew I had a chance to catch him downhill. That's what happened. When you have such an opportunity, you have to give it all. This is the most important win of my life, something I've always dreamt of.There are more Colombian climbers than just Nairo [Quintana] and Esteban [Chaves]. I was third...
The stage in videos
- Onboard camera - Stage 15 (Bourg-en-Bresse...
- Landscapes of the day - Stage 15...
- Summary - Stage 15 (Bourg-en-Bresse /...
- The ŠKODA green jersey minute - Stage 15...
- Last kilometer - Stage 15 (Bourg-en-Bresse...
- Magazine - Stage 15 (Bourg-en-Bresse /...
- Official Teaser - Tour de France 2016
- Salamandre tachetée (tour de France de la...
- Presentation - Stage 15 by Julien JURDY...
- Visitez Belley Bugey Sud
- Visitez l'Ain
- Visitez Bourg-en-Bresse
- 2016 security video
The stage in pictures
Tour de France 2016 - 17/07/2016 - Etape 15 - Bourg-en-Bresse/ Culoz (160 km) - Ascension des lacets du Grand Colombier © ASO/A.Broadway
On the road
Sub-prefectures: Belley, Gex, Nantua
Surface: 5 762 km2
Specialities: chicken and poultry of Bresse, fondue bressane, bleu de Bresse, bleu de Gex, quenelles in Nantua sauce, wines of Bugey.
Sports: Union sportive Oyonnax Rugby, Football Bourg-en-Bresse-Péronnas 01, ASA Culoz (Christophe Lemaitre).
Tourism: parc des oiseaux (Villars-les-Dombes), Royal monastery of Brou, medieval city of Pérouges.
Economy: agriculture, plastics, automobile, Bugey nuclear plant.
Population : 850
The medieval castle of Bohas was burnt down by the Germans in 1944 and was never restored. The small château de Rignat is partly preserved.
Jersey wearers after the stage 2
- 07/03Summary - Stage 2 (Saint-Lô /...
- 07/03Peter Sagan from rainbow to yellow
- 07/03Jasper Stuyven: “I felt empty in...
- 07/03Contador: "I'm not happy at all"
- 07/03Julian Alaphilippe: “I've been told...
- 07/03Peter Sagan: "I'm very surprised"
- 07/02An uphill finish for a great spectacle
- 06/27Presentation - Stage 2 by Amaël...
Receive exclusive news about the Tour de France
Championnats d'Europe de Cyclisme 2016
Sponsorship and Environment
Since it was founded, Amaury Sport Organisation has been involved in various sponsorship and philanthropy activities. It is the generosity of sport that can be found in a certain number of initiatives aiming to invest in the workings of the disciplines themselves (sponsorship of the French Federation of Cycling), in a humanitarian and social framework, (Mécénat Chirurgie Cardiaque, Actions Dakar, Un Techo Para Mi Pais) or in the environmental sphere (Madre De Dios, selective sorting, etc.). Read more
A.S.O. is committed to integrating environmental considerations into the organisation of its races: Limiting CO2 emissions; A quality waste management policy for the spectators but also for the organisers and the riders; The promotion of cycling as an alternative, environmentally-friendly means of transport. Read more